Disciplined focus on our strategy
We work with private equity funds and independent sponsors and can be flexible in the capital need. We are more than just a capital provider, but a dedicated partner willing to share our knowledge and work with our companies/PE partners when things don’t go well.
As one of the oldest continuously operating junior capital providers focused on our segment of the market, we’ve been successful in what we’ve done in the past and we have been disciplined in maintaining our investment strategy over the years.
Midwest Mezzanine partners with private equity sponsors, independent sponsors, family offices and management teams to provide junior debt and equity to privately-owned, lower middle-market companies. We seek companies with the following characteristics:
- Headquartered in the United States
- EBITDA greater than $3 million and historically strong, consistent profitability
- Successful and experienced management teams
- Sustainable competitive advantages and margins
- Over 50% of assets and employees located domestically
- Change of Control
- Management Buyouts
- Acquisition Financing
- Expansion Capital
Industries and End Markets
Midwest Mezzanine typically invests in light manufacturing, value-added distribution and service business. Representative end markets include:
- Commercial Products
- Industrial Products
- Food & Beverage
- Industrial Services
- B2B and B2C Service Providers
- Consumer Products
- Environmental Services
- Transportation and Logistics
Midwest Mezzanine does not typically invest in companies in the financial services, high technology, restaurant, retail or real estate development sectors.
- Investment Range: $4 – 15 million. Additionally, we can lead or participate in investments greater than $15 million by co-investing with our limited partners or other junior capital providers.
- Subordinated notes, second lien term loans and last-out senior secured unitranche term loans
- Non-control equity securities in conjunction with debt investment